Saturday, May 17, 2014

Unable to obtain lock for Registry database. Existing lock on host

Author: - Sanjay Purohit

Audience:  Hyperion Solution Architects and Hyperion Database Administrator
During installation/configuration of Hyperion EPM on my server, I came across a small configuration hurdle so I thought to share with you. My installation was single server installation and should not have caused me any trouble but it did!!!! I wanted to configure all the components on different schemas therefore I had to run configurator several times and I encountered an error.

 “Unable to obtain lock for Registry database. Existing lock on host ----created by -----.  Do you want proceed? “



This is pretty common error you can get during EPM configuration. We will cover step by step solution of this error in this posting. 
reason
Each run of EPM configurator creates a record/lock on EPM_REGISTRY_LOCK table on share service schema. This lock gets deleted after configuration is done but sometime it does not and prevents new record creation.


resolution

Database administrator should login to the Shared Services schema and delete created lock. After deleting the lock/record. You should be able to run configurator. 




No comments:

Post a Comment